Thursday 22 August 2013

Barry M Amythyst Glitter Nail Polish

I have a love/hate relationship with glitter nail varnishes.  I love the way they look on the nail, but hate how hard they are to take off.  This beauty caught my eye while I was in Boots.  It's a clear polish, chock full of aqua, blue, pink, purple and silver glitter.  I was treating my boyfriend's daughter to a birthday nail varnish, and it was buy one, get one half price.  So why not?

This polish applied smoothly, and the glitter was evenly placed, without having to dab it on as you have to with some glitters.  This is it after one coat.




As you can see, the clear base means that it would be perfect for layering over another polish.  Of course, I couldn't just leave it at that.  I forgot to take a photo of this on it's own, so the one below is three coats of the glitter, with an Essie matte top coat (which I seem to put on just about everything these days).  The matte top coat dulled the shine slightly and made it look and feel flatter (in a good way).  I love it, and it feels like a slightly more grown up way to wear a full glitter nail varnish.


Wear time isn't amazing.  I managed to chip two large chunks off it within 3 days.  That being said, aside from that it there's very little tip wear.

Also, look what arrived in the mail yesterday.



The blush and palette from Illamasqua's new The Sacred Hour collection caught my eye.  I already own one of the nail varnishes, Hemlock (also pictured).  I needed a new black gel liner, as my Bobbi Brown liner is pretty dried up.  And I just had to try their new skin base lift concealers.  I had a bit of a play yesterday, but take any pictures as it was so hot and humid in my flat that my makeup was just sliding off of my face.  When I ordered they had sold out of skin base lift in white, but it came back in stock this morning, so I quickly placed an order for that.  I'll do a full review of it all when that arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment