So I finally pulled my finger out and did a tutorial using the Illamasqua Reflection palette. I still can't get these shadows to last on me (by the time I came to take pictures of the final look, it had already started creasing). Illamasqua recommended beginning with a base of powder shadow, but this didn't help all that much. I had the most luck using a base of Urban Decay De-slick in a Tube (not sure if it's actually safe for use on the eyes though) and a sheer wash of nude eyeshadow, but even this only held up about 3 hours. I do have the oiliest eyelids in existence though, and nothing holds up on me longer than about 6 hours, so it's unlikely that you'll suffer the poor wear time with these that I do. Anyways, on to the tutorial!
Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Permanent Taupe
Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Emerge
Illamasqua Black Gel Liner
Illamasqua Reflection Palette
Sugarpill Tako Eyeshadow
Illamasqua Medium Pencil in Sophie
Illamasqua Skin Base Lift in White
Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara
Active Cosmetics Attraction Eyelashes
1. After priming your lid, apply your taupe cream shadow (Maybelline Permanent Taupe) all over the lid using a flat synthetic shader brush.
2. With a black gel liner and an eyeliner brush (Illamasqua's Gel Liner), draw a line where your crease is. Make this line thicker, winging it out at the end and tapering it at the inner corner.
3. Using the flat synthetic shader brush, apply a peach or coral cream shadow (Illamasqua Emerge) above the black line. This will really help the bronze shadow pop.
4. Now we're going to start applying the shades from the Reflection Palette over our bases. Take Acute, the taupe shade, and pat it over the lid. Again, I find that the flat synthetic shader brush works best with these cream-powder hybrid shadows.
5. Place Dart, the bronze shade, and apply it on top of the peach shadow. Don't worry about blending it yet.
6. Using the end of your flat shader brush, carefully pat the grey shade, Graphica, over the black liner.
7. Take a matte white shadow (Sugarpill Tako) and apply it under the brow using the tapered blending brush. Blend it down into the bronze.
8. Line both the bottom and top of the eye using your black gel liner. The wing on the outside of the eye should run parallel to the black line in the crease.
9. Use a while cream base (Illamasqua Skin Base Lift) as a base for the pale gold shade, Precipice, on the inner part of the eye, and between the two lines on the outer part of the eye.
10. Line both the top and bottom water lines with a black pencil liner (Illamasqua Sophie).
11. Apply mascara and lashes of your choice.