Friday 13 December 2013

Urban Decay Naked 3 first impressions

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a Naked 3 palette yesterday.  Debenhams website had sold out by 9pm, and there's a waiting list to get one in store.  I paid for next day delivery, and then got an email later that evening saying it wasn't going to arrive.  Needless to say I was a little annoyed, but somehow it did still make it to me!

I haven't had a chance to give these a proper wear test, but I thought I'd get some pictures up here tonight.  I don't have Naked 1, so can only compare it to Naked 2.



The palette comes with four trial pockets of the four different primer potions.  There's about 7 days use in each one, although it doesn't look like the pockets re-seal, so I'm not sure how the primers will fair once they're open.  I'm curious as to what the anti-aging primer is like, but I don't really have any signs of aging yet, so I might give it to my mum to try.


The palette, like the others, contains 12 eyeshadows in a mix of finishes.  This one leans more pink than the others, which is perfect for people like me who prefer a more pink/purple toned neutral look.  It also comes with a double ended eyeshadow brush, but I'll come to that later.



The first 6 shades are the lighter shades.  

Strange is a good pale pinky-peach shade that will be a go to highlight colour.  
Dust is the only real gllitter bomb of the palette, and I expect to have some fallout while using this one.  But I'm a sucker for glitter at the moment!  
Burnout and Buzz are both coppery peaches with a satin finish (Burnout being the lighter of the two).  I think Buzz is already one of my favourites from the palette! 
Limit is a matte dusty rose colour that'll look great in the crease or on the lid.
Trick is the coppery-ist shadow of the palette, and it has larger gold glitter.  It's pretty similar to Chopper from the Naked 2 palette.


(Left to right: Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit, Buzz, Trick)

The latter six are (obviously!) the darker shades.

Nooner is a darker version of Limit, and the two would work well together for a neutral matte look.  I thought it was going to be like Tease from Naked 2, but it's far pinker.
Liar is another favourite of mine.  It's a beautiful pink-brown that has a shiny satin finish to it.
Factory is a medium brown with purple/red undertones, that really shimmers in the light.
Mugshot is another stunning shade, a taupe which shifts pink in the light (the photo shows it without the pink shift in it.  It is there though, I promise!)
Darkside is a brownish purple that I'm sure would make a super pretty smokey eye.
And last but not least is Blackheart, a dark reddish purple with shimmer, which is a really nice alternative to black for the outer v and lash line.


(Left to Right: Nooner, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Darkside, Blackheart)

The brush that comes with the palette is slightly different to the one which came with Naked 2.  One end is the same flat brush, which is great for patting colour onto the lid.  They've swapped the fluffier end for a shorter brush, which is wider, but thinner (I hope my pictures explain that better than I have!).  I think I'll probably get more use out of it, as I'm hoping it will work well in the crease, and it will work better for blending colours than the last brush did.

Apologies for my mucky Naked 2 brush!

Flat end (Naked 2, Naked 3)
Blender end, front view (Naked 2, Naked 3)

Blender end, side view (Naked 2, Naked 3)

So over all do I love this palette?  Yes!  This is the perfect neutral palette for me, and I know I'll get a lot of use out of it.  And it's definitely different enough from the others to justify getting this one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment