Wednesday 29 January 2014

Purple and coral lipsticks

Moving from pinks, these are my purple and coral lipsticks.  I don't have many of each which is why I'm doing them in one post.

Illamasqua  Underworld
This was my first Illamasqua lipstick.  It's a pinky purple with blue shimmer, which gives it a soft duo-chrome effect.  It's a little on the sheer side, and it can take some time to get an even application, but it's a colour that I haven't seen from any other brand.  It's wearable, but a little bit different.






Inglot Colour Play Lipstick No.95
I was drawn to the bright colours in the colour play range, and I just had to get this purple.  It's got strong blue undertones to it, which makes it a little more unusual.  The formula is comfortable and incredibly pigmented.  




Inglot 175
I picked this lipstick up thinking that it was going to be a dark red.  What I got was a dark, rich purple.  The joy of online makeup shopping!  Luckily I love this colour.  It has berry undertones which makes it super flattering on my skin.  It's also got quite a bit of slip to it, but it's not as messy as dark lipsticks can be.  It's one you'll probably want to wear a lip liner with though.




Lime Crime Poisonberry
This is my only Lime Crime lipstick, and whilst I'm not a fan of the packaging I do really like this lipstick.  It doesn't have the one swipe opacity that Lime Crime promise, and it does take some work to build it up to this colour.  It's a medium blue toned purple with subtle shimmer.  Despite the opacity issue, this is probably my favourite purple lipstick.





Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Liberte
It's not often that I pick up a sheerer lipstick, but this coral works well with a more dramatic eye.  I find the warmth in it is more flattering on the skin than a pale pink, but it still works with cool undertones.  Staying power isn't amazing, and, like MAC's lustre formula, it can be a little drying.





Sephora No.28
I picked this up whilst in France last summer, and it really is a great summer lipstick.  It looks great against both tanned skin, and those of us who are pale all year round.  It's about medium opacity with a nice glossy finish. 




 MAC Crosswires
I wasn't entirely sure where to put this one.  It's a bright pinky-red coral.  On my lips it pulls more pink, but from most of the swatches I've seen it's definitely more coral on others.  MAC's cremesheen formula is, in my opinion, their best.  Pigmented, moisturising, with a bit of a sheen, I also wear this as a sheerer colour by patting some on my lips with my finger.





MAC Watch Me Simmer
This is a bright coral which, again pulls more pink on my lips.  It's definitely more coral than Crosswires, and is slightly warmer.  The amplified finish means that it's fully opaque and fairly moisturising.  It feels heavier on the lips than Crosswires.



No comments:

Post a Comment