Friday 14 February 2014

Blue, gold and pink tutorial

I got quite a few requests for tutorial of yesterdays look.  Trying out a sightly different format for the tutorial today.


Products Used
Illamasqua Skin Base Lift in White and Light 1
Sephora Du Luxe Punk eyeshadow (deep pink)
Sleek Originals palette (black, dark shimmery blue, deep shimmering gold)
Boots Natural Collection Soft Pink eyeshadow (pale pink)
Illamasqua gel liner in Infinity (black)
Illamasqua Sophie pencil (black)
Lancome Hypnose Star mascara
Primark black and gold glitter liner
Barbara Daley eyeshadow pen in Air Force (medium grey cream shadow)
Active Cosmetics Razzle Dazzle lashes
Random eyeshadow glue
MUFE Aqua brow (not show in this tutorial, but thought I'd share what's on my brows!)

I prepped my lid with NARS smudge proof eyeshadow base as I have the oiliest lids ever.  For most I would have thought that the grey cream eyeshadow will be enough of a base.



1.  Apply your grey cream shadow all over the lid.  I used the brush on the end of the eyeshadow pencil to do this.  If you're just using a regular cream shadow, and synthetic flat shader brush works best.



2.  Using an eyeliner brush, draw a line where your crease is in black gel liner.  I removed any excess and blended it up slightly.  Darken the inner and outer corners of the lid.  This doesn't have to be super tidy.


3.  Using a tapered blending brush (I used MAC 226, which is limited edition.  Damn you MAC!) apply the deep pink shadow to the crease, just above the gel liner.


4.  Pat a pale pink shadow under the brow, and blend down into the darker pink.  I favour MAC's 275 as it's super dense and allows me to really blend the colours.  Add more of the deeper pink if you need to.


5.  Part your gold color onto the center of your lid using a flat shader brush (MAC 242).  The Sleek shadow I've used is a little chunky, so really takes some effort.  You can see here how I need to add an extra layer (which I did, after taking photos).


6.  With a clean shader brush, pat your dark blue shadow on the inner and outer lid.  Be careful not to over-blend this.  I used a patting motion to blend so as not to make the colours muddy.



7.  Using the same brush, apply  blue shadow on top of the black gel liner.  I used the narrow side of the brush to run the shadow along, and then used short pushing motions to blend it up into the pink.


8.  To add some depth, take a black eyeshadow on an angled brush (MAC 266) and run it along the crease where the gel liner is.  Again, use small, gentle pushing motions to blend it up into the blue.  You don't want to take this colour up very far.  I also added it to the very inner and outer corners of the lid.


9.  Clean up any fall out from under your eye, running a makeup remover wipe along the edge of your eye where your wing will me.  Add your concealer under the eye and along that edge.  I just used my finger.


10.  Taking your gel liner again, use your preferred liner brush to line your top lid.  This line can be as dramatic as you like!


11.  Run some of the blue shadow under your lower lash line.


 12.  Line under your eye with blank gel liner, taking the liner into a point at the inner corner of the eye.



13.  Line your upper and lower water lines with black pencil.


14.  Add black and gold glitter liner to your lower lash line, along the black gel.  I'm rubbish at photographing glitter, so you can't really see it in these pictures.  


15.  Add mascara and lashes, and you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment