Wednesday 12 February 2014

Lancome Ombre Hypnôse Dazzling Eye Colour Topaze Dore review and FOTD

Lancome's French Ballerine collection isn't exactly ground breaking as far as spring collections go.  It's all about soft pinks, and to be honest, if I hadn't been killing time in a beauty hall, I probably wouldn't have noticed it at all.  But I did.  And in amongst  all those pink blushes, palettes, and lipsticks, stood two new Ombre Hypnôse Dazzling Eye Colours.  I've somehow managed mostly avoid the new cream-powder shadows that have been done so well by brands like Chanel and Armani.  But, alas, I swatched both shadows, and quickly fell in love.  


I opted for Topaze Dore, a warm peach shade, over the cool pink tones of Spinelle Rose (strange choice for a cool toned girl like me).  The peachy-ness stops the shade from being too warm, meaning it'll look great on most skin tones.  The shimmer is absolutely beautiful.  It's not glittery, but it's so shimmery that it almost looks wet on the lid.  It catches the light just right, and is truely one of the most beautiful shadows I own.  I was concerned that it was going to be too sheer on the lid, but it built up nicely.  I think the great thing about this particular shade is that my skin colour looks like it is part of the shadow, if that makes sense?  I paired it with shades from my Naked 3 palette, as it's from the same colour family as a few of the shades in that.  


The shadow itself is soft and bouncy, and I found that patting it onto the lid worked best.  It didn't make it through the whole day without creasing (even over a primer), but that's my oily lids for you.  It has taken a lot of restraint for me not to purchase more shades!  I'm hoping I'll have some spare cash before Spinelle Rose disappears.

Please excuse the not so awesome brows in this look!



Face
Maybelline Baby Skin primer
YSL Touch Eclat foundation BR10
Illamasqua Skin Base Lift White and Light 1
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural Light
MAC Sculpt powder
Illamasqua Rumour blush
MAC Mineralize blush in Pet Me
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Lightscapade

Eyes
NARS smudge proof eyeshadow base
Lancome Ombre Hypnôse Dazzling Eye Colour in Topaze Dore
Urban Decay Naked 3 palette
Urban Decay 24/7 pencil (I can't remember which one!  Sorry!)
Lancome Hypnose Star mascara
Sleek brow set in Light

Lips
Benefit Juicy Details lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment