Tuesday 18 February 2014

Shiro Cosmetics haul part 1

I am not a loose eyeshadow fan.  But the immense geekery of the collections at Shiro Cosmetics drew me in, and I decided to put aside my dislike of loose shadows and order some.  Or should I say, order lots.  Sample sizes are so cheap that I decided to order the full Legends (Zelda) and Randomly Generated (Minecraft) collections.  I then threw into my basket a full size Nic Cage Raking Leaves on a Brisk October Afternoon (how could I not?), a full size We're up all night to get Loki, and a full size Cake from the Randomly Generated collection.  I got the full size Cake even though it was included in the sample collection I purchased as it comes in a special Minecraft pot, and it looked like a great highlight colour that I'd get a lot of use out of (that was the practical reason that I used to justify my purchase anyway!).

A couple of days after placing my order, Caitlin announced on the Facebook page that the Legends collection would be getting a re-vamp, with some shades disappearing, and some new ones being added.  So, of course, I needed those new shades too.  I messaged Caitlin and she said that she was happy to combine both orders into one package.  So I bought more.  As well as all the new Legends shades, I also picked up I Guess You're Okay from the LE Derps collection, and two custom lip glosses using Moon Prism Powder and Ganondorf.

The site said to allow up to two weeks for shipping, and mine shipped just before the two week mark.  The order took just over a week to get to me in the UK, which I thought was really good!  Caitlin also through in a few samples from other collections, and couple of chocolates, which awesome.


I'll be breaking the swatches into two sets.  Today I've just managed to get the Legends collection and the full size shadows done.  My order had over 50 shadows!  As with all loose shadows, you'll get the best effect either foiling them, or applying them over a base.  I've swatched mine over NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk.  Many of these shades have beautiful, complex, shimmery, duo-chromes that my camera hasn't manged to do justice.

 The full Legends collection

 What's That Smelt?, You Dropped Your Rod, Diggy Diggy Hole, Getting Wood, Full of Craft

 Cake, That'ssss A Nice House, Punch Punch Pork, Steve O' Lantern, What's This Lever Do?

It's Mossy!, Steve., Diamonds, I'll Move That For You, Are You Shear You Wanna Enchant That?

 Full sized jars.  All but Cake come with sifters.
Nic Cage Raking Leaves on a Brisk October Afternoon, We're Up All Night To Get Loki, I Guess You're Ok, and Cake

Nic Cage Raking Leaves on a Brisk October Afternoon, We're Up All Night To Get Loki, I Guess You're Ok

The Nic Cage shadow looks so pants in that swatch.  It's a little sheer, but builds easily, and is a warm deep brown with gold and red shimmer.  I Guess You're Ok has bright green shimmer that really catches the light.  I've made a quick gif so that you can see how amazing they are in sunlight.  The one on the end is Cake, which I'm so glad I got a full size of.  It's white gold with a pink duo-chrome.  It looks amazing as a highlight, not too over the top either!


I got a custom made Moon Prism Powder lip gloss too, although I forgot to take a pic of just the tube.  It's a super pretty gloss, that's pinky-cream with lots of pale green shimmer.  I got this gloss as medium opacity, which means it'll work well for wearing on it's own, and layering.  The green shift it in really reminds me of MAC's Lollipop Lovin', which older MAC fans will know was really popular.  I'll have to try layering it over a pink-coral lipstick.  The gloss wears down after an hour or so, but the colour sticks around on lips for about 5 hours.  The texture of the gloss was quite dry and powdery, which I actually liked, as I'm not a fan of sticky glosses.  It was comfortable to wear, and wasn't drying, even after the gloss had gone.



And finally, here's a super quick look I did with a few of the colours.  I've started using Urban Decay's new loose powder,  applied with the large brush from the Real Techniques Duo Fibre set, and it photographs amazingly!



Face
YSL Touche Eclat foundation BR10
Illamasqua Skin Base Lift concealer White and Light 1
Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder Light
Illamasqua Rumour blush

MAC Alpha Girl beauty powder blush

Eyes
NARS smudge proof eyeshadow base
NYX jumbo pencil in Milk
Shiro Diamonds, What's That Smelt?, I'll Move That For You, and Cake
Collection 2000 Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner in Teal
Urban Decay 24/7 pencils in Delinquent and Ether 
Lancome Hypnose Star mascara
Sleek brow set in Light

Lips
Shiro Moon Prism Powder medium gloss

No comments:

Post a Comment